How to Prepare Nigerian Egg Roll Recipe. Egg roll is one of the most effective snacks for Nigerians. But many people don’t really know the steps in making the recipe. Here are the steps on How to Prepare Nigerian Egg Roll Recipe.
How to Prepare Nigerian Egg Roll Recipe
• 10 eggs
• 4½ cup wheat flour (all-purpose flour)
• ½ cup sugar
• 4 tbsp. margarine, Butter
• ½ tsp. baking powder
• 1 tsp. mixed spices
• Pinch of salt
• 1 cup warm water
• Vegetable/Soya oil (for deep frying)
1.In a medium sized pot, boil the eggs for about 10mins till hard boiled. Once cooked and while hot, place the hard boiled eggs in cold water. This is to ensure the shell comes off easily.
2. Sift the flour, sugar, baking powder, mixed spices (if you are using) and salt into an empty bowl. Mix thoroughly then add the margarine/butter. Work into it with the tip of your hand till it looks crumbly like breadcrumbs.
3. Make a well in the center and gently add water little by little. Work into it some more till you get a Smooth non-sticky elastic dough. Divide it into 10 and roll the divided dough into balls
4. Dust your flat working surface with flour and roll out each dough. Wrap each dough around each egg and roll into balls.
5: Pre-Heat your vegetable oil in a deep fryer or pot and fry the egg rolls till golden brown. To ensure it cooks well on the inside, reduce the temperature of the burner once you drop the egg rolls into the oil.
6: Remove from the oil and drain on a paper towel. Serve!